DesignBurst - A centre for Product Design in Ireland

Discussion in 'Design Business And Services' started by mariannakane, Sep 20, 2012.

1. mariannakane

mariannakane New Member

Hi all,

I started DesignBurst over a year ago as I saw a need for Irish product designers to have a space where they could use their unique skills. I recently moved in to a swanky new office in Blanchardstown and am now connecting and engaging with product designers nationwide. We have been working with Enterprise Ireland and other Governmental bodies over the past year to highlight the importance of keeping designers in Ireland. We often run open nights or \"Meets\" where designers can come on site and get a full grasp on what we do and what opportunities lie ahead for designers in DesignBurst. Hop on to our Facebook page for DesignBurstFacebook if you are interested in finding out more about these Meets. If you have any questions please ask and we will happily respond :)

Marianna Kane
    ParrLeu likes this.
  2. mariannakane

mariannakane New Member

We just launched our new design sketching programme last Tuesday. The first session went very well and we were very impressed at how the group embraced our techniques and improved over the evening. They have been set their initial challenge to complete for next week and following that we would like you to help them progress their skills further by critiquing their work / answering their questions about being a designer. I will invite them to this thread and hopefully they will have this portal to communicate with designers when they are comfortable with sketching :)
  3. Gameface

Gameface James Moynagh

Best of luck with the sketching course. We\'ll try give advice and help to anyone who posts up sketches on the site here.
  4. mariannakane

mariannakane New Member

We have moved... :) Our new studio is based in Clonee Co. Meath and it will soon offer residency to product designers who want to develop their own products in a friendly collaborative environment. Our new studio comprises of a design studio and exhibition room, a training room that is also used for relaxing Idea generation and brainstorming sessions and a workshop that can be used for making models and prototypes. We plan to host a number of think tanks and open studio days over the coming months to show designers our studio so keep an eye out here and on our facebook and twitter for more... Bracetown-Serviced-Offices-Brochure--1.jpg